In line with the opening of Japan's borders to international tourists starting June 10, 2022, here are the detailed travel guidelines when travelling to Japan:
Japanese government request foreign tourists to be accompanied by a guide for all itineraries for your entry. In addition to that, "Certificate for Completion of Registration to the ERFS system" issued by a Travel Agency/Tour Operator in Japan is required for your visa application.
Requirements to enter Japan as a tourist:
-A valid visa (old visas are not permitted anymore due to new travel protocols in Japan)
To get this type of visa, applicants should have a copy of the certificate from the Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System (ERFS) by Ministry of health – organised by Japanese company. The Certificate for Completion of Registration must be obtained by a Travel Agency/Tour Operator in Japan on behalf of the applicant (SRF LLC is a certified Tour Operator, our accreditation No. is 20437), and the "purpose" written on the certificate must be "観光" (Kanko = Tourism).
ERFS Visa Application Process Summary
1. Find an accredited Japan Travel Company or Tour Operator and buy a package tour.
2. The company will apply through the ERFS system for you.
3. A Certificate for Completion of Registration will be issued.
4. The travel company will email the certificate to you.
5. Take (or send) the certificate, your passport etc to the nearest Japan embassy or consulate.
6. The processing time is 5 to 7 days. They will send your passport to you or some will allow you to pick it up in person.
7. You can then fly to Japan and enter the country.
8. You will need a negative PCR test to enter Japan taken within 72 hours of boarding your flight to Japan.
Your Travel Company or Tour Operator will need to apply the ERFS the following:
After applying, contact Embassy or Consulate General of Japan nearest you.
***Negative test result taken 72 hours prior to departure date
***Medical insurance (need to cover medical expenses related to COVID-19 and other infectious diseases
***Confirmed itinerary with a guide for the whole trip (from entry to exit of Japan). Note that this is a requirement to get a visa based on new Japanese travel protocols.
***Official Proof (either digital or paper-based) for Insurance
***Confirmed registration to Visit Japan Web Service.
***Smart phone with internet connection
***MySOS app (GPS application that confirms location and to report health condition)